Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
He rather enjoyed having dinner alone in town and taking walks through the city at evening before catching the late train. It gave him a pleasant sense of independence, of freedom from the commuter's round; and besides, it seemed a suitable practice for the new, mature, non-sentimental kind of marriage that was evidently going to be their way from now on.
Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates, page 333

4 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser. I made the mistake of seeing the film of this one before I got a chance to read the book. And the film was so depressing, I've never been able to make myself get back to the book! Hope you're enjoying it.

    TT: Noah’s Compass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your teaser and became a follower! Hope you will also check out My Teaser. Also wanted to give you a heads up about my amazing news that my debut novel is being released Friday the 13th this August. Hope you will check out the announcement or my second tab.

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw this movie and have not read the book; BUT I think that book are almost always SO much better than the movies that are made from them.

    My teaser: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesdays-july-6-2010.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. jlshall: Oh yes, that is a very common problem! Madeline and I debated over whether or not to watch Atonement after we'd read it and were having a movie night. We decided against it.

    But the book's interesting by the look of it. We should be posting our thoughts about is shortly, as soon as I complete it. So do check back, maybe it will change your mind!

    Emma: Thank you, and welcome! We'll certainly check your teaser, and your new novel.

    By the way, that's very brave, releasing a book on Friday the 13th... ;)

    jewelknits: Personally, and Mads can totally tell me off for saying this, I find movies good interpretations of the books. Most of the time. The main thing is just that they are interpretations, not re-telling of the story of the book.

    Books have so much more scope than movies. But, if you think for example one of my favorite reads of the past few years, Generation Kill by Evan Wright, the HBO miniseries is really really good too!! (It's got Alexander Skarsgård scantly clad in it, so... duh! haha)

    ReplyDelete