Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
During my general election campaign for the U.S. Senate, for example, my Republican opponent assigned a young man to track all my public appearances with a handheld camera. This has become fairly routine operating procedure in many campaigns, but whether because the young man was overzealous or whether he had been instructed to try to provoke me, his tracking came to resemble stalking.
The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama, page 64

8 comments:

  1. Stalking Obama. I guess he would be used to this kind of attention by now.

    My teasers this week are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser. I agree with Marg, he is probably used to that by now.


    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the first time I've seen this book on anyone's blog. How is it? Here's my teaser from Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're enjoying the book. Here's my Teaser for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marg: The best part about that stalker bit was how he handled the guy, it was pretty clever: he introduced the guy to the press and the press started following the guy around and interviewing him :D Gave him a bit of his own medicine!

    Aimee: I bet he is!

    Lady Q: I'm not very far along in the book but it seems well written and so far quite interesting. I'm slightly worried that it'll end up resembling an overlong campaign speech but we'll see. We'll be sure to post a review once we're done so do check back for it if you're interested!

    Kaye: So far so good. By the way your teaser is hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dudes, keep talking about stalking and Obama, and we'll have the FBI on us in no time! haha

    Dear FBI guys, if you're reading this, and you're going to send someone over to interrogate us, could they please be cute? Pretty please??

    ReplyDelete
  7. ii, you do realize that you just gave me incentive to try and get the FBI to show interest on our blog?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mads, I don't think they go for dirty.

    But Laclos is a pretty sexy read, so...

    ReplyDelete