Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
However, being able to attract a mate is not just about providing the magic 'I am choosy, and I have chosen you' impression. Instead, research into the psychology of dating has uncovered a number of equally quick but effective ways of making your attraction to someone a mutual affair. All you need is a simple touch, an afternoon at a theme park and the confidence to ask people about their favourite pizza topping.

59 seconds by Professor Richard Wiseman , page 149-150

6 comments:

  1. LOL, he makes it sounds so easy, doesn't he? I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. They make it sound so easy.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. easy and fast. wish it could be that way.

    Here's mine! PLUS a giveaway of ROOM by Emma Donoghue (one of 13 books longlisted for 2010 Booker Prize.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell in love over something as mundane as the example in your teaser. Enjoy your book. Mine's from The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He also quotes a study that used prostitutes to determine if "playing hard to get" is worth it. That bit, which I came across while browsing the book at a store, sold it to me. I'm all for weird and obscure and imaginative academic researches. Haha

    Oh, and Mads is off for few weeks for a vacation (hate her) so y'all are left with just me. But she did leave me notes!

    ReplyDelete