Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
As I stand in the elevator, dazed, I realize that a massive winning lottery ticket chunk of my future has somehow found me here in the present, and I start to laugh. I cross the lobby, and as I run down the stairs to the street I see Claire running across Washington Square, jumping and whooping, and I am near tears and I don't know why.
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, page 10

12 comments:

  1. Loved this book! Now I want to reread it!! My Tuesday is at

    http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/2010/07/teaser-tuesday-is-hosted-by-mizb-over.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started with it, seems really promising so looking forward to reading this one!

    Wow, your's is a bit heavier! There is definitely some valid points there, I bet this is a very interesting (but tough) read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser! I started this one a couple of years ago, but just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should give it another try.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww such a good book. :) Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser from an awesome book! Hope you continue to enjoy it!

    ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intriguing teaser. Makes me want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because I have too much of a life these days, Mads been forced to resort to Reading Outside The List, which is troubling. Then again, as big part of my so-called-life is Reading Outside The List, I can't complain about it. Or really, I shouldn't. I can do it, and I do do it, but I shouldn't.

    Anyhoo, as I've read TTW already, this is a perfect Outside The List -Read for Mads in my mind. I can still comment! *wide grin*

    I liked the book. The first half more than second, and once Mads gets it read I'll look up my earlier notes about it, but I did enjoy the book. Once I got my head around all that time traveling, that is. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was ok book but I didn't love it. Mine's from Devil to Pay, a book I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another book I've been wanting to read. Your teaser only makes me want to read it more!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good teaser for that book.

    Here's mine! Comment and enter the GIVEAWAY of the ARC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is on my TBR shelves. Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it seems like most of you love this one so I'll keep reading and let y'all know how I liked it!

    I have to say this was a very good teaser week all around, not looking good for those poor TBR piles :D

    ReplyDelete