Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, Sept 14

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
" Whenever you feel like criticising anyone," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had."

The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald, page 7

16 comments:

  1. Very good advice indeed and a good teaser! I haven't had the pleasure of reading this classic yet! My teaser is at:
    The Delusional Diaries
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent advice! Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good thought to ponder and a great teaser. Thanks for sharing :)

    here's my Tuesday Teaser for the week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sage advice!

    You can find my teaser here this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good advice!--and a great teaser! :)

    My teaser is from Hunger by Michael Grant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this book - read it in high school and really need to reread it again one of these days!

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser! I love Fitzgerald. My TT from Paranormalcy is here.
    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, The Great Gatsby...now that's a book!

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/09/14/teaser-tuesdays-sept-14/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice - something to remember. And a book to reread one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Here is my teaser:
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays_14.html

    (and check out my giveaway! The button is right to the right of my teaser post)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to read The Great Gatsby for a college history class and I loved it.

    Mine can be found here: http://readingisdreamy.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-guardians-of-gahoole.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true! I have not read this book since University. I may have to revisit it!

    Here's mine!
    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesday-clockwork-angel-again.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks y'all for stopping by! I know Madeline is having crazy times at work, but I'll check out your teasers (and blogs) as soon as I can.

    Since so many of you are saying you should reread Gatsby, would there be any interest in read-a-long?

    ReplyDelete