Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, Sept 28

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
That is why I've made up my mind: at the end of the school year, on the day I turn thirteen, the sixteenth of June, I will commit suicide. Careful now, I have no intention of making a big deal out of it, as if it were an act of bravery or defiance.

The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, p. 21

10 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the sound of this book - it is on my extended wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that doesn't make me want to get the book and read it, I don't know what will. Great teaser!

    Come see what Teaser I chose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now you know I need to check this book out. Sounds like a hard but interested story

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read this book. I have heard so much about it.

    My teaser is here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful book! I read it earlier this year and absolutely loved it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my... I haven't read this one... and how determined they seem.
    Yikes.

    Check mine out at:
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy. Let's hope that plan gets scuttled fast.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope not!! i have this book on my shelf waiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Teaser Tuesday everybody! Hope you will check out my teaser for Tempted (House of Night #6) by PC Cast and Kristin Cast! by the way anyone who features my novel The Thirteenth Chime on a Teaser Tuesday can add there blog link here and they will be featured on my Facebook and Twitter!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an intriguing teaser. So young to be so depressed.

    Here's mine: Prospero Lost by L Jagi Lamplighter

    ReplyDelete