Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, Sept 7

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
"Part of me wished swift vengeance, wanted my father to turn into the man he could never have been - a man violent in rage. That's what you see in movies, that's what happens in the book people read. An everyman takes a gun or a knife and stalk the murderer of his family; he does a Bronson on them and everyone cheers."
The Lovely Bones by Alice Seabold, p. 65

12 comments:

  1. Hmm interesting teaser. People believe in swift venegance, of getting quick justice and always there to cheer on the person. Then when all is said and over, they go to their lives and look up the justice server differently. I'd be interested in reading the book to see what happens.

    Here's my Tuesday Teaser

    Happy Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! Very passionate!
    Mine is at:
    The Delusional Diaries
    Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting teaser. I've been meaning to read this book.

    Here's My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this book on my TBR shelf for years and years! Maybe one day I will actually read it.

    Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser - I have this book on my tbr list.

    Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And anyone who does it in real life ends up in jail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the line "he does a Bronson on them and everyone cheers".

    Great teaser!

    Here's mine:
    http://bookblabbing.blogspot.com/2010/09/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you enjoy your book. Here's my Teaser for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one I've been meaning to read. I think I started once but don't remember why I didn't finish, life probably got in the way. May have to pick it up again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read this book--thanks so much for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete