Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, Oct 12

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
But Pearl, who was a dauntless child, after frowning, stamping her foot, and shaking her little hand with a variety of threatening gestures, suddenly made a rush at the knot of her enemies, and put them all to flight. She resembled, in her fierce pursuit of them, an infant pestilence - the scarlet fever, or some such half-fledged angel of judgement - whose mission was to punish the sins of the rising generation.

The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, p. 86

10 comments:

  1. I like the imagery of your teaser - the foot stomp. Hope you enjoy your book :)

    Come read my teaser from Noah by Jacquelyn Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. That language is easy on the eyes...I'd expected an older book to be more stilted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,

    The product description on Amazon sounds amazing, as do the lines you have quoted.It sounds as if it wil be a very strong and powerful read.

    Great choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! Makes a wonderful mental image! Thanks for coming by my page!
    The Delusional Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is evocative imagery! And I agree with smellincoffee's comment above.

    My teaser is at E-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice imagery!

    Thanks for visiting my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They did write long sentences in those days! Great tease from a classic novel! Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh such a good read for this time of year! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to re-read this! I probably need to get a copy, though! For some reason (maybe because it's October), I've had Hawthorne's writing on my mind, as in "I really need to read me some Hawthorne" Thanks for the teaser!

    Here is my Teaser: http://jewelknits.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays-october-12-2010.html

    Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

    ReplyDelete