Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Voting Wednesday, Oct 13

Voting Wednesday

We're hosting weekly thing (I hate the word meme) called "Voting Wednesday" where we make a voting ballot for each Wednesday and invite y'all to voice your opinion on whatever book related (or unrelated, we're not making any promises) issue we happen to pick.

So, here's the rules:

You form an opinion taking sides in the issue voted upon.

You voice that opinion on the comments, either as a short reply or by a link to your blog where you can make a stand.

Easy, eh?

So, the question of this week is:

One particular bookmark or just some random scrap of paper/bus pass/dollar bill?

In other words, what do you use for a bookmark? Or are you one of those who dare to fold the corner?? 'Fess up!

5 comments:

  1. I'm of the "anything at hand" school myself. As I bookhop a lot (yes, "bookhop" is a real term) I have all sorts of bookmarks at use. Right now, there's some "real" hand-made bobbed lace bookmarks, a dollar bill, a pencil (economics book, I make notes), a postcard... So I use whatever's handy.

    I never fold the corners, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have a really bad habit of folding corners, but lately it has looked like I've been cured. Yay! Mostly I use what ever I can find. At the moment I'm using a piece of string, a postcard, a flyer from a hostel in Beijing and one actual bookmark that is a laminated butterfly (a little silence of the lambs, but it is quite pretty actually). Now get this, I'm only in the middle of three books but I still manage to use four bookmarks! What's that about??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I wrote my answer for this week and last week in my blog today. Quick answer is that I have quite a few bookmarks that i use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is actually a great question with the potential for some good answers.

    Personally, I grab whatever is at arms length. I never dog ear the pages, I just can't bring myself to do it. So in the past I have been known to use actual bookmarks from bookstores and such, receipts, post-it notes of all different shapes and sizes, bills, pens/pencils, and with hardcovers using the paper flap thing. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only ever had one bookmark that lasted longer than a week, and that was a pretty piece of work a friend sent me from South Korea.

    Usually I take note of the page number, but I tend to grab whatever is on hand -- leaves, pencils, etc. Sometimes I tear a piece of paper from a notebook and use that.

    ReplyDelete