Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Voting Wednesday, Nov 10

Voting Wednesday

We're hosting weekly thing (I hate the word meme) called "Voting Wednesday" where we make a voting ballot for each Wednesday and invite y'all to voice your opinion on whatever book related (or unrelated, we're not making any promises) issue we happen to pick.

So, here's the rules:

You form an opinion taking sides in the issue voted upon.

You voice that opinion on the comments, either as a short reply or by a link to your blog where you can make a stand.

Easy, eh?

So, the question of this week is:

Do you plan your reading?

Do you have a list you work through or do you just go with whatever strikes your fancy?

4 comments:

  1. Ermm... Well, I guess it's rather obvious that we've got a list... :D Outside The List my other reading is quite free from lists and schedules. At the moment I'm focusing on reading all the books I own and haven't read yet (again, those not included in the list). This pile is getting worrisomely thin. Actually there's only two books left and from those two I'm already more than halfway done with one. So I guess I'd better run to the store to buy some more to give me more freedom with my choices! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only for special occasions. I usually read something about the American revolution on the Fourth of July, and this year I started to plan my reading around Bastille Day, Reunification Day, and Guy Fawkes day -- reading about or in French, German, and English culture respectively.

    This year I have been working on getting caught up on contemporary Star Trek novels and have been working from lists to figure out which books I need to read and in which order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smellincoffee, we were planning a question on holiday-specific reading but decided to leave it till, well, closer to the holidays.

    I go with the flow. I tend to book-hop, which causes stress to Madeline 'cause I never finish our books as quickly as she does. But it something strikes my fancy, I just have to go there. But we do have a list here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never plan my reading. I pretty much just pick up whatever I am in the mood to read and go for it!

    ReplyDelete