Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Voting Wednesday, Nov 17

Voting Wednesday

We're hosting weekly thing (I hate the word meme) called "Voting Wednesday" where we make a voting ballot for each Wednesday and invite y'all to voice your opinion on whatever book related (or unrelated, we're not making any promises) issue we happen to pick.

So, here's the rules:

You form an opinion taking sides in the issue voted upon.

You voice that opinion on the comments, either as a short reply or by a link to your blog where you can make a stand.

Easy, eh?

So, the question of this week is:
Online or in-store shopping?

When you buy books, do you prefer to shop online or go to a actual book store?

5 comments:

  1. I'm for both. If I'm looking for a particular book, I'm all for online shopping (just placed $70 worth of books on my cart at Amazon.com this morning). For browsing, stores are better.

    On that note, stores are much disfavoured by my bank manager! I go in for a copy of Elle and buy two books, two notebooks, a bookmark and the aforementioned Elle... Ooops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's me too. If I'm looking for a specific book, or have a bunch of titles I already know I want, I'll head for the nearest computer and click away. If I don't know what I want or want to peek inside the book before making up my mind then I'll definitely hit the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Online, for the most part. Even new books are cheaper online because I can preorder them and save money while still contributing to the author. I like browsing in bookstores, and if I see a promising title I just may buy it -- but bookstores are increasingly dominated by the large chains and box stores, neither of which sit well with me.

    Browsing is more difficult online, but helped somewhat by Amazon's "related titles" feature. I use this to find more books like a book I've enjoyed when I don't know how exactly to articulate what kind of book it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have shopped online for books just for one or two times and they were textbooks. So I prefer shopping in a book store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm definitely for both, but enjoy myself more in-store. Online is quick and easy if I know what I want. But inside a store, surrounded by books and people reading and nooks and crannies, nothing's better than that!

    My What Were They Thinking? post is up at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete