Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, Dec 28

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
My hands were shaking, but my voice was steady. I thanked God that I had recently given up wearing a corset... and then smiled to think what an odd thing that was to thank God for!
Arcadia Falls by Carol Goodman, p. 123

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why she's thankful for not wearing a corset, but being a guy, perhaps that's not something I have any business thinking about! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, she's thankful because now she can get undressed way faster. I would've thought that was pretty obvious, especially for guys...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book is on my TBR list but I'm not sure if I'm going to like it.

    Anyway
    Here is mine: http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesday-3.html

    About the books -Something About You- and -The Eternal Ones-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely teaser. I have been anting to read this one for quite some time. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/12/teaser-tuesdays-a-stitch-before-dying.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teaser, made me smile.

    My teaser can be found here

    ReplyDelete