Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Voting Wednesday, Dec 22

Voting Wednesday

We're hosting weekly thing (I hate the word meme) called "Voting Wednesday" where we make a voting ballot for each Wednesday and invite y'all to voice your opinion on whatever book related (or unrelated, we're not making any promises) issue we happen to pick.

So, here's the rules:

You form an opinion taking sides in the issue voted upon.

You voice that opinion on the comments, either as a short reply or by a link to your blog where you can make a stand.

Easy, eh?

So, the question of this week is:

Did you wish for books from Santa?

Did you make a Christmas wish list at Amazon.com, or leave a suggestion of titles and the map to the nearest Barnes & Noble on the refrigerator door? And what was on your list?

3 comments:

  1. Books are not something I see under the Christmas tree very often, though I do expect one new release this year (John Grisham's "The Confession"). This is in part because it is difficult to buy books where I live: there are no bookstores in my home county or in any of the counties surrounding it. No one in my gift-giving circle shops online, and the local Wal-mart has nothing I'd be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished a ton of books from me and behold the Christmas miracle: I got them all! ;) Serious answer; no, I usually buy my own books. I mostly get cash for presents and then go and spend it where I choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm more of a buy my own books person as well. My family can never keep up with exactly which books to buy me like they did when I was younger. With that being the case I usually end up with a ton of gift cards to Barnes and Noble, which I always appreciate.

    ReplyDelete