Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, Jan 25

Teaser Tuesdays are a weekly book-themed meme, hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. The rules are as follows:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Open to a random page.
  • Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • Be careful of spoilers! Don't ruin the book to others by revealing important plot developments. (So the last words of a dying central character are probably not okay...)
  • Share the title and the author of the book as well, so that other Teaser Tuesday participants can look up the book and add it to their TBR list.
Here's our teaser for this week:
She jung about my neck, and kiss on kiss
She vied so fast, protesting oath on oath,
That in a twink she won me to her love.
O, you are novices!
The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare, p. 97

7 comments:

  1. I love Shakespeare! Even when I read that first line, I knew that was Shakespeare. =P Here's my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choice for a teaser!

    I am sharing two teasers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice for teaser this week. You can find mine at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-respect-me-rules.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it has been quite awhile since I have seen or heard anything about this book. Nice! I hope you enjoy your book. Check out what my Tuesday Teaser is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Teaser Tuesday!!! My teaser this week is for Mistwood by Leah Cypess which is currently discount on Amazon for only $6.50 for a new hardcover copy!!! I posted a link to the price! Finally, a great fantasy book that really feels like the older fantasy novels written by favorites like Tamora Pierce and Sharon Shinn!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete